Sunday 10 May 2015

Meanwhile Back on the Farm....

I tried making a chair to sit on top of the RV. Who would have thought it would be the most difficult part of the whole thing? I mean really a chair doesn't seem that hard and yet...


 This was my second attempt (I'm far too embarrassed to show you the first) and it's WAY too big!

Poor old Dale can't even reach the floor in it. I'm not at all happy with the umbrella either, I'll be making a new one tomorrow.

 I remembered that I had some benches in my stash that were the right height and wondered if I could some how cut one down to be a single seat? As it happens they cut easily.

I covered the seat part with a narrow ribbon, trying to make it look as much like a folding deck chair as possible....

And painted the arms and legs with silver enamel paint. It looks a bit grand for a folding chair but at this point in time I'm thinking "close enough?". 

 I made a rough wooden cover for the well and put my walker in. I know it's not deep enough to look like a proper well but I think in this case I can live with it. Just need to decide, lid on or....

Lid off? I think I'm going to go with off.

 I glued the barn to the base, put up some fences and added a bit of greenery....

Might have to trim that climber back a bit?

Carl and Jimmy having a chat on a log. Actually it's a painted toothpick, which is a lot easier than making more chairs.

Thanks for coming over. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment