Tuesday 5 May 2015

A Barn Raising.

Started a new project, one that has been on my mind and in my stash for ages. 
The moment I saw this little kit I knew what I would do with it. 
When I say little I mean little, it's 1:144 

This is the example the manufacturers gave. 

 I bought the kit on ebay from an estate sale. Most of the pieces were loose but nothing was missing.

 First coat of paint.

 I drew wood grain on most of the structure with a fine tip marker before I wondered if it would show on camera? As you can see I wasted a few hours because it doesn't.

 So I went over it again with a dry brush in a few shades of grey and brown. Finished in a fraction of the time and I'm much happier with the result.

 Starting to put the pieces together. So tiny, squee!

 The original design has sliding doors but I wanted mine to open the traditional way so I debated whether or not to put the runners on above the doors? I did end up adding them later because the side looked rather plain without them.

 I love the aged effect I got with the paint, so glad I decided to paint over the wood grain.

 I also closed in the window after I'd taken the photos.

Structure completed with the doors bursting open. Can you guess where I'm going with this?

I'm off to get the base ready now.
Thanks for stopping by. :)

2 comments:

  1. It has an amazing amount of detail despite being so small. I really like your weathered idea rather than painting it bright colours like in the manaufacturer example =0)

    ReplyDelete