Thursday 30 October 2014

A kitchen update.

Working on the little kitchen yesterday was a real headache, literally. All the paints, stains and glues giving off fumes gave me quite a headache. 



I gave the cupboard doors and spice rack a coat of stain/varnish.


Cut out a counter top to fill in the empty corner and glued it together.

 Then using mod podge covered all 3 counter tops with paper from my scrap booking stash. 


Turning the timber tops into granite.


 I painted the inside of the oven black,


and the doors silver. 

 I might do the fridge doors in the silver too one day but for now it can stay red.


So this is where I am right now. I'm not going to glue anything down just yet. I think it's best to take a few photos first and see how it all works as a back drop. After all that's why it was built.

I'll play with it a little more today but I really need to start making some food.

Tomorrow I serve my first daily dish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment