Friday 28 February 2014

The end of week one....Feels like only yesterday.

Day 7.

I'm a week in and feel like things are moving slowly. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? The deadline seems closer now than it seemed when I started. Never mind, I'm in now so I'll just get on with it. Ready for more of my fabulous photography?

Today I glued the rest of the stones to the chimney, foundation and the front step.


I didn't feel confident enough to tear the stones into shape so I cut them with scissors.



They, surprisingly enough, looked like I'd cut them out with scissors. So I rubbed around the edges with various sizes of ball tools to give them a more rounded and natural look.


I'm quite happy with the effect so far. The colours didn't change or blend when I added the mod podge (I was a little worried about that). Now I have to wait for the mod podge to dry and then the bit I've been looking forward to.... the grout. 

Thanks for looking in. 

2 comments:

  1. What great stonework!!! I love it and the bricks must have taken a long time but soooo worth it. They look Fantastic! You have a good eye for color and proportion Annajuli. The tip about using a ball stylus for softening the edges of the stones is such a good one that I have got to give it a try out. Really Well done! :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-You Elizabeth. You have inspired me and it makes me feel so good that you like my idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete